This is a guest post from Sierra Lima November
This Christmas, I decided to make all the presents to give to my friends and family. This spilled over into January. Some time ago, my brother had a Lion Hat which got lost/given away, so I decided to make one to replace it for his birthday.
Here’s how I made it.
1. First I got my brother’s girlfriend to measure his head. She did a great job of measuring while he was asleep.
2. Then I got a pattern from the excellent website www.fleecefun.com and thought about how I could modify it to make the Lion Hat I wanted to make. The pattern itself can be found at http://www.fleecefun.com/halloween-hat-pack.html .
3. I then had to decide whether the Lion had more bear-like ears or more cat-like. With the help of one of my son’s toys, I decided they were more bear-like.
4. Then cutting the pieces. I added for the lion some triangles of felt for the mane.
5. I then sewed all the layers together
6. Then I pinned and sewed the bottom, which was actually really cool as it made the mane stand up.
7. The final hat….
Thank you so much to www.fleecefun.com for the original pattern – it is amazing and so easy to make and for allowing me to post this with my modifications!
Here is the hat in action on the slopes in France