I’m still working my way through my fabric stash and found this interesting charcoal coloured fabric with a geometric pattern. Useful for all kinds of things except that it was bought cut into squares.
I wanted to make the cover a bit more interesting so cut the large squares into smaller squares and rectangles and framed them with some off white fabric. I got the inspiration for this from a beautiful quilt featured on Craftsy.com. Below are pictures of the wrong and right sides:
I lined it with two squares of the charcoal coloured fabric and added a tiny pocket that I thought might be useful for keeping a train ticket or some change in.
I layered the inside and outside with a piece of ‘bump’ curtain lining but you could use quilt batting or some old blanket instead.
I added a flap with velcro to the outside and sewed the two pieces (inside and outside) together.
And here it is: